Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kale Chips!

Last of the Kale Chips


There weren't many left by the time I took the picture, and now they're all gone! If you've never tried them, you'll be surprised and amazed. They basically taste like potato chips... just better. My former roommate was making these one day and I never tried them since I was on my way out the door at the time. But I have been meaning to get around to making them ever since.

Ingredients and Directions:

Toss kale leaves in oil & salt and bake.
Or, see the full instructions here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Kale-Chips/Detail.aspx

Notes:
  • I used some green chili sea salt that we happened to buy recently at Sous Chef, but I'm sure just plain old salt would make tasty chips too.
  • The only complaint I have is that it took a while to separate the leaves from their stalks... but it was important because in the few smaller ones where I left the stalks in, the result was not quite as satisfying - the stalk part is just too tough and chewy.
The Verdict:

Katie's rating: Delightful!
Johnny's rating: Yum+

Easiness: Super easy
Speed: Pretty quick

No comments:

Post a Comment