Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Vegetarian Pad Thai

This will be a quick post - no pictures or anything too fancy, just linking to a very tasty veggie pad thai recipe I tried tonight.  You can find it at http://thaifood.about.com/od/vegetarianthairecipes/r/padthaiveg.htm

Changes I made:

1. Don't cook the rice noodles.  Just soak them in cold water for 1/2 to 1 hour then drain them well.  They should soften up enough, though you might find you need to stir fry them a little longer than the recipe suggests.

2. Add a little extra tamarind paste, sugar, and chili sauce (if you like spice) to the sauce recipe.  I used palm sugar instead of brown sugar, but I'm sure brown or white would be fine.  We also used a jalapeno (seeds included) instead of a chili pepper.  Turned out just the right level of spicy!

Other than that, basically just followed the recipe.  I'd like to try this with fresh galangal instead of ginger next time I manage to get a hold of some.

yum yum yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment